To get your upwind back wheel off the ground, briefly steer away from the kite and at the same time shift your body weight to the down wind side of the buggy and lean out toward to kite. Loading the kite will make this move easier too. Watch out for your down wind foot peg – it can end up digging into the ground and tipping you out, if you’re not careful.
If you have trouble doing this move try flying the kite lower down in the window and doing the following things:
- Steer sharply upwind smoothly until you get up on two wheels then correct it slightly.
- Brace against the downwind sideframe.
- Swing your weight over the downwind sideframe.
- Shifting your weight further forwards before trying, this gives the front wheel more grip and lightens the back so that it will rise easier.
- Push the downwind footpeg down towards the ground.